Monday, November 30, 2009

Things I miss - pre 2009

A friend and I were talking the other day about how good things used to be. Not that they're not good now so maybe good isn't the right word. How care-free things used to be. I mean, Christian College has it's rules but Christian College girls are sometimes silly  (and by sometimes I mean always)-- if you went to Bible College you know what I mean. That being said I had some pretty crazy friends thus had some pretty crazy times. Here are a few things I miss ... or at least wish that they could happen every now and then.
1. I miss getting all dolled up to go eat chips and salsa from Chilis -- or just going to Chilis.
2. I miss having house parties. Ny-quill and all.
3. I miss staying up until all hours of the night on IM -- even if the person was in the next room or you'd see them the next day. 
4. I miss dying my hair or at least attempting to and then having to get it fixed the next day.
5. I miss game nights. I could have these now ... but the group of people who used to come to game night is irreplaceable ... unforgettable memories, seriously.
6. I miss passing notes in class. This sound like 4th grade. :)
7. I miss living life with some of the greatest people I will ever know. 
8. I miss staying up all night to write papers -- while taking non FDA approved caffeine pills & such.
9. I miss dorm drama. Oh so funny. 
10. I miss college .... regardless of all the homework, the stress of getting good grades, the drama that comes along with boys and girls interacting, and some just nasty people I miss it. I miss the people ... 

When I win the lottery (not that I even play) I will buy houses for me and 40 of my best friends in the same neighborhood. What a sweet sweet life.

In 5 years I hope I'll have 10 more things to miss from the present. 

3 comments:

lindsay e. s. said...

i know what you mean :)

Holly said...

mmmm this is a me note, you are right. I miss you but not for long, april is a commin!

Holly said...

mmmm this is a me note, you are right. I miss you but not for long, april is a commin!